Easy and delicious novelties for the green meal
29. oktober 2019
Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan Kebab and Souvlaki are exciting and delicious novelties for the green dinner with lots of bite, flavour and proteins
Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan Kebab and Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan Souvlaki are, as the name implies, based on seitan, which is a plant based alternative to meat made of wheat protein. They are therefore a welcome alternative to the many soy based products which can take of much space in the vegan and vegetarian diet.
ALL NATURAL AND RICH IN PROTEIN
The new Edgy Veggies are of course made of natural ingredients and without additives, and what’s more they have a high content of protein of approx. 25 g per 100 g which is higher than other plant based products in the same category. The high protein content provides a good satiety.
Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan Souvlaki is easy and delicious plant based food rich in protein.
QUICK AND EASY DELICIOUS FOOD
Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan Kebab is sliced and seasoned seitan perfect in e.g. pittas and wraps. Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan Souvlaki is sliced seitan in a nice Greek-style marinade. Serve Souvlaki Greek-style with roasted potato wedges, a nice Greek salad and tzatiki, or perhaps in pittas or in a wok dish with your favourite vegetables.
Pulled Seitan Kebab and Pulled Seitan Souvlaki is easy and quick to prepare. Simply fry the seitan for 4-5 min. i a little bit of oil and then its ready to be part of a delicious green meal.
Edgy Veggie Pulled Seitan is available in two delicious variants: Kebab and Souvlaki. Find them in the refrigerated display counter in selected Føtex and Bilka supermarkets.
WHAT IS SEITAN?
- Seitan (pronounced say-tahn) is an excellent alternative to meat and is also called “wheat meat”, since it both looks like meat and has a texture that is very close to that of meat.
- Seitan is manufactured by washing out the starch of the wheat flour after which the pure wheat protein is left. When the wheat protein is cooked is results in a product that is similar to meat in terms of appearance and texture.
- Seitan has been a basic ingredient in the Asian and the Vegetarian kitchen for many years.
- Seitan is noted for being one of the few alternatives to meat completely soy-free and, in addition, it has a high content of protein.
- Since seitan is made of wheat it is has a completely neutral taste and has no bitter notes, which can often be an issue with soy- and pea-based meat alternatives.